Helpful Hints for Couples
Here at Arthur Murray we specialize in teaching couples to dance. Teaching couples is different from teaching individuals and requires special care.
Teachers are trained to make learning fun and easy, and you can help by remembering the following:
- Let your teacher do the teaching. This means avoid finding fault with each other which can be distracting.
- It’s not how many steps you know; it’s how you execute them. (You always notice good dancers by how they move, not by how many patterns they do.) Learning too many steps too soon results in bad habits and frustration at not executing them properly.
- It’s important to keep your lessons close together, and more importantly to use them in close conjunction with group lessons and practice lessons. Ideally, each visit should be scheduled to include more than one activity. This will aid you in making speedy progress and gaining confidence in your dancing in a shorter period of time.
- Communicate with your teacher so that he or she will know what to teach you and the way you like to be taught. The more we know about your dance needs the better we can plan your lessons now and prepare your future program.
- Learning to dance is an investment that keeps on paying back. Of all the hobbies you may have, dancing is one which goes with you wherever you go in years to come.
Reviews & Testimonials
See what others have to say about us!
Great people, great dances from beginner to advance level. Always a fun time. Put on your dance shoes and just have fun with this family oriented dance facility that... read moreShasta J.
I've danced all my life and have never seen a dance studio with this caliber of staff. They are passionate about what they do, and they embrace their students with... read moreCandice L.
Best dance studio I have ever been to. Creative programs, attentive teachers, and incredibly fun events!Daniel
This studio has a staff that is welcoming, enthusiastic, authentic and FUN! You feel like family after your first lesson...we loved our sweet and adorable instructor Leia! You can just... read moreNicole S.
I love this studio so much! The staff is the sweetest! And so skilled! Both my parents and I are signing up for lessons and we are so thrilled!Tassie F.
Great place! Goodyear Team are very welcoming. Wonderful and Professional Team. Very knowledgeable about dancing and teaching methods for all. The studio feels like a family not a business. Would... read moreLynette B.